Friday, June 17, 2016

Catching Up!

I know...I've been gone for way too long...life keeps getting in the way of my posts.

I have a few new things to share with you but none of them seemed a full post worthy so I'm sharing a Hodge- podge of things today...

First up...a couple of months ago we purchased a second hand desk on a local facebook buy and sell site.  It was an old school desk, most likely from the 60's or 70's.  The reason I wanted it was because it had four deep filing drawers.



I neglected to take a before picture (great blogger that I am!) and before I knew it McG had it cleaned up and painted with a hammer pewter paint.  The top is a faux wood that looks much like butcher block with a shinier finish.



 I love the extra desk surface it gives me and of course the fact that we could consolidate our filing system into something more streamlined is a great bonus as well.


It has an industrial/masculine vibe that appeals to both myself and McG, and it looks great in our family room.

I've been busy for the last few weeks purging and boxing up all the things that haven't been used since our move here almost two years ago.  My daughter brought things over from her house and last weekend we had a yard sale.  It was Strawberry Fest time in our little town and we knew that there would be extra traffic here because of it.  We took advantage of that to hold our sale and I am happy to report that most of our stuff sold and combined we padded our pockets a little!!  Whatever didn't sell we boxed up and donated to our local Value Village, so nothing was thrown away.

We have been busy also getting the garage ready for paint.  I'm sure you remember that we painted the exterior of our home last year. It went from white with long blue shutters to a rich dark grey called Mined Coal.


We are now prepping the garage and "carport" for paint.  So far we have painted the roof with a rubberised paint to seal up and waterproof it.  Last year we also painted the supports of the overhang a rich black to freshen up the space.   The next two pictures below show what the space looked like when we first moved in.



Here's a more recent photo with the trim painted black.


The garage itself will be painted the dark grey colour, but under the "carport" area will be kept a bright white or perhaps a bright yellow...I'm still trying to decide on that!

I will be back soon with photos of the finished project...hope you stick around - until then - what's your vote for wall colour under the carport - I'd love to hear your suggestions!!

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...please feel free to leave a comment or ask questions...and if you like this post - PLEASE SHARE!!!