WE'VE MADE SOME GOOD PROGRESS AND REMOVING THE WALL!!
I don't mean to shout, but I cannot tell you enough how much I LOVE how this has turned out!
Here's where we started...
This is the view from the living room...with a few paint samples before we decided we should take the wall out...
This is the wall on the kitchen side as we started to demo...
you can see a few paint samples here as well.
When we removed the drywall, there were two layers of chip board between the sections.
This was most likely done back in the '70's when the sections were shipped here to keep them stable.
Once they arrived on site here, the two sections were then put together.
The view is starting to open up!
This is the new view into the kitchen, plus/minus a few 2 x4's
Here's the new view with all the new headers installed and the wiring re-worked.
We made the decision to leave the headers visible so that we didn't need to rework the ceilings in the two rooms. I didn't want the ceiling beams to continue into the living area.
We did add some addition electrical into the two posts for outlets in case furniture
placement warranted a table with a lamp and we added new electrical in the
living room ceiling to accommodate a ceiling fan.
We will be finishing out the posts and headers this week and then tackling the floor.
There is currently hardwood floors in both the rooms, so we will be using some extra
flooring we have on hand and possibly stealing some from the coat closets to match it up.
Hopefully I will be back with another update on this project really soon!!
Linking Up @: