Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Dreaming...

It seems like forever since I sat here to compose a post...July has found me a bit lacking in my blog duties.  Don't get me wrong, I love having this creative outlet. But, lately, I haven't felt like being creative - at least not in the real sense.  I have been spending my time, dreaming about a new home and lots of new projects.

I guess you could say I am ready for a new chapter in my life...maybe this is my mid-life crisis!!  I don't know - but lately I have really been struggling with completing anything new in this house.  Oh, there are lots of projects I could be tackling - but part of me is now thinking, those would be best left for now.

McG and I are going to look at a house tonight.  We've looked at it before, but now I think we are more in a position to really consider this house as a possible candidate.  And quite honestly its all I've been thinking of.  I was so happy that he agreed to look at it again, that I was up all night Monday night, dreaming up a design plan for this house. 
 I know - crazy!!!  

 But it's how my mind works!

I thought I would show you some of what I've been dreaming about lately...I have been spending quite a lot of time on Pinterest (but who hasn't???) and I find that I am really drawn to white walls and worn wood.  So for this next house, I think its going to be more cottage-like decor than the transitional decor I have now.


 Here's the bathroom I've been dreaming about...well I guess more the elements I would like to incorporate.



Well worn finishes, barn doors and white, white, and more white.







I will keep you posted on the house hunting as it unfolds.  

Do any of you - daydream about a new house like I do??  I'd love to hear from you!!

Cheryl

4 comments:

  1. Cool! Where is this house? Pictures would be nice :)

    S
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue - the house is a couple of blocks from where we live now...I am hoping to get some pictures tonight while we are there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh a new house is always fun, and dreaming about how to decorate it is even more fun. Your inspiration board for the bathroom is stunning. Thanks so much for the visit and your very gracious comments about my tour. I loved having you stop by. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marty - thanks for stopping over! I have been having fun dreaming - that bathroom mood board is one I found on Pinterest!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...please feel free to leave a comment or ask questions...and if you like this post - PLEASE SHARE!!!