Monday, June 17, 2013

What's Blooming Week 6 and 7 - and some Garden Visitors!

Again I need to apologize for being tardy at getting this post done!  It seems that life here is a bit crazy with all kinds of fun stuff going on - and that translates to PROJECTS GETTING DONE!  YAY!!!

But while some projects are getting finished up, others get left to the wayside - and this morning I find that I forgot to post last week's "What's Blooming" - so I have decided to combine it with this week's!

I find the garden is slowing a bit and all the rain last week took a toll on the peonies (whew - glad I snapped a picture beforehand!)  So here we go with the pictures...

First up - the peonies


The Big Blue Hosta

The Blue-False Indigo


The Evening Primrose..the yellow looks lovely with the purple of the Spiderwort

The Rose Campion

and a close up - this is one of my favourite flowers in the garden and a hardy self-seeder

Lady's Mantle

this one is the flower on my Black Sambuca shrub - a lovely contrast to the dark lacy leaves

and the Lime coloured spiderwort

We also had a few visitors to the garden this week.  This past weekend we noticed that a wren family had been taking up residence in our bird house.  I was able to snap a few photos before they all flew the coop.



Hope you all had a good weekend!

Thanks for visiting!

Cheryl
Linking up @:

The Tablescaper 
Twelve O Eight 
Mod Vintage Life 

3 comments:

  1. Aww our bird babies are getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes and now they are gone from the nest - so its a good thing I got the pictures when I did

      Delete
  2. Lovely photography. Thanks for a walk through your garden.
    Bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...please feel free to leave a comment or ask questions...and if you like this post - PLEASE SHARE!!!