Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Master Bedroom Mini Makeover

I'm sorry I've been MIA this week...I feel like I haven't posted in soooooo long...

It's been kind of crazy here this week - lots of things to get done during the day and then working on the laundry room with McG in the evenings...we are almost to the painting stage!!!

We did go shopping in Michigan this past weekend...those of you who follow on Facebook got a sneak peek of something I purchased...


I'm sure you all guessed that it was new bedding!!  When I posted the tour of our Master Bedroom, our bedding looked like this...


A lovely quilt of soft blues, greens and white.  I love this bedding and won't be getting rid of it by any means, but I wanted something a bit warmer in colour for the winter because this is definitely more of a spring and summer print.  I wasn't looking to do a big makeover and definitely wanted to keep it under $50 which is kind of hard to do when it comes to bedding.

HOWEVER...

When we were in Michigan last weekend we went to The Christmas Tree Shop...Have you ever been there??  A lovely store with much more than Christmas decorations...that's where I spotted my new LOVELY...for just $29...that's right a queen size quilt with 2 shams that came in a matching tote bag for that low price.  It had the blues in it that I wanted but also some gold and rust and a darker green - great colours for winter!


I folded the other quilt and laid it at the end of the bed and topped it with a teal coloured throw I had in the living room.  It really brings out the darker blue in the quilt.  Here's another closer look...


I also picked up 2 gold tablecloths to use as new curtains in the room...they help to bring in the gold colour from the quilt as well...and I got them for a steal!!


Can you believe that price - $2.99!!!  They were 60 inches wide so they took extra curtain rings - I used 9 on each panel.  They can easily be pulled closed at night to add some extra darkness to the room.


Our old panels were a creamy beige and will go back up when the summer bedding comes back out.  Here's a side by side look of both of the quilts.

The new quilt really brings out the "cherry" on the headboard and warms up the room.

Do you have "summer" and "winter" bedding for your room?  I think it's nice to have something different in there - especially if you can find it on a budget like I did!

4 comments:

  1. I love your new quilt! It really does bring out the color of your bed. I also like the idea of using the tablecloths as curtains. Never thought of that. I am going to have to check out that department for curtains now! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it Lou Ann - curtains are an easy way to make curtains, especially when you are like me and don't know how to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty - I think it pops a bit more!
    Thanks for sharing with us!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Stacey - and hosting the great linky party!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...please feel free to leave a comment or ask questions...and if you like this post - PLEASE SHARE!!!