Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Vignettes...

Vignettes...is a word  that seems to be "buzzing" in blogland lately...

So - not to be left out - I'm showing you all the Christmas vignettes around my home.  Christmas decorating here has taken a more subdued tone...in small doses all around the house.

The wreath on our front door has changed from this scarf wreath...


to this...pine cones and sugared fruit on an evergreen and grapevine base.  Simple and elegant but not over-the-top.


The entryway table has only a few baubles..a couple of ornaments and a white metal 6-point star.


Moving upstairs finds a vignette on top of the sideboard...I showed you how I made that here.



A small tree and an old photo of the kids with Santa in the living room on the media cabinet...(shhh...don't look at the mess in the background on the kitchen counter!!!)


Heading downstairs...4 penguins my daughter won at a Christmas raffle when she was in elementary school.  They stand guard every year here in the entryway.


Now vignettes in the family room...JOY, PEACE, LOVE on the mantel.


And my favourite Christmas vignette of all - our new tree inside our antique trunk!  This is a popular trend now, using unconventional containers to hold your tree.



...but now a vignette that I haven't shown you yet...NUTCRACKERS!!


These are on a side table in our family room.


and not to be forgotten...Christmas vignettes in the bathroom - with RUBBER DUCKIES!


In a boat in our nautical themed bathroom, these duckies were a gift and I love to include them in my decorating each year. 


and lastly - a small vignette on the shelf over my kitchen sink.
A christmas cactus blooming in the window!



I hope you enjoyed this Christmas Home Tour and all our small vignettes.  

Are you Christmas decorating in small vignettes or in big doses??
Do you decorate your bathroom for Christmas?
I would love to hear from you!

Cheryl

Linking up @:        No Minimalist Here
                         5 Days...5 Ways
                               The Inspired Room
                       The Tablescaper
                       Kathe with an E
Savvy Southern Style

4 comments:

  1. Definitely not in large dosages! Your home looks very festive and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heheh the duckies are hilarious!!! And..holy nutcrackers batman!! you have your home decorated beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...please feel free to leave a comment or ask questions...and if you like this post - PLEASE SHARE!!!